Friday, January 18, 2008

Working with Tempera, and Watercolor




I get to take a boy named Eric to art class three days a week. While there I get to have fun interacting with him and the teacher and the other students in this "mainstreamed" class. This last week I actually had some moments where I was able to do my own little art work while sitting there next to Eric. The entire class was working on color theory, and the mixing of colors. They had three colors only, of tempera, and were mixing their own secondary and tertiary colors. Here is my Lost in Space robot picture which I did using the three colors of tempera. Finished it in about 15 - 20 minutes during the class period. Also is a horse I did the other day, at home, in acrylic and watercolor. The robot picture was done without a picture or a model to paint from. So I suppose he looks very primitive. At least I remembered his arms!

No comments: